We are proud to raise Heritage Breed Narragansett Turkeys in a responsible and ethical manner on our 4th generation farm. The "Narrys" are pasture-raised with plenty of room to roam outside and indoors cage-free (nightly for safety). They enjoy forage and bugs from their pastures, produce from our garden and a medication-free, high-quality feed as a supplement. We expect the birds, which are known for their superior flavor, to range in size from 8 to 18 pounds and will be sold as whole, frozen birds for the centerpiece of your Thanksgiving or Christmas table. We have a great deal of respect for these animals and hope you will include them in your holiday tradition!
Why are our Turkeys UNIQUE?
- Superior Flavor
- Slow Growing/Maturation:
- 6 Months vs 6 Weeks with a Grocery Store Bird
- Did you know that if not harvested, a grocery store bird would die due to fast growing muscle mass crumpling its slow growing skeleton?
- Intact Immune System (due to slow growing)
- This means the birds develop their own resistance to infection. At 6 weeks maturation a grocery store bird never has this opportunity. So, in turn, our birds are healthier.
- No Antibiotics or Added Hormones
- Naturally Reproducing
- Grocery store birds are bred through artificial insemination because they biologically and/or physiologically can not reproduce.
- If the Pilgrims ate Turkey, this is the breed they would have eaten!
- Free Ranging
- Humanely Raised
- Health Benefits of Pasturing
- Studies have shown pastured livestock have a healthier balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fats than conventional meat and dairy products
- Support Local Farmers & Economy
- We are a Certified Piedmont Grown Farm
Birds may be purchased with PayPal or a debit or credit card by
(PayPal account not required)
You may pay with cash or check by contacting us at: 336-629-9774 or email@example.com.
Let us know what size you would like and we will do our best to match you up with your perfect turkey!